Heartburn can accompany gastritis with high acidity, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, cholecystitis, toxicosis of pregnant women, occurs with diaphragmatic hernia, intolerance to certain food substances.
If heartburn is combined with belching (especially acidic), then this may be a sign of gastritis or stomach ulcer. If the pain gets worse while lying down, the problem is probably in the esophagus.
Heartburn is usually a symptom of another, more serious medical condition. Very often it occurs on nerves. Often, heartburn occurs after eating too much food that is too cold, hot, or fatty.
Causes, prevention, treatment
The cause of heartburn is the ingestion of gastric juice into the esophagus. The gastric juice contains hydrochloric acid, when the juice enters the esophagus, the acid irritates it. Coffee, alcohol, and smoking can also cause heartburn.
Treatment: with mild heartburn, before eating, it is recommended to take a glass of apple cider vinegar solution. In a glass of water, two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar.
General recommendations for preventing heartburn.
Avoid drinking coffee, tea, alcohol
Taking aspirin or ibuprofen can make heartburn worse
Smoking or stress can cause heartburn
Do not lie down or lean back after eating
Raise the head of the bed 10-15 cm
Don’t wear tight clothes (belts, jeans)
Do not eat or drink in the 2 hours before bed.
If your heartburn continues for more than 3 days, see your doctor.
Treatment of heartburn with folk remedies
1. Treatment of heartburn with oats, folk remedy: Chew several grains of barley or oats for 30-40 minutes, swallowing saliva. Then spit out the chaff;
2. Alternative treatment of heartburn with walnuts: Take 1 tablespoon of crushed in a mortar or mashed kernels of walnuts or sweet almonds;
3. Potato juice for heartburn: Drink on an empty stomach 1-2 times a day, 1-2 tablespoons of freshly prepared potato juice. Or drink raw potato juice 1 dessert spoon 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals;
4. Mineral water treatment: Drink alkaline mineral water;
5. Folk remedy, eggshell: Take with heartburn 3 times a day, 0.5 teaspoon of powdered eggshells of hard-boiled chicken eggs;
6. Treatment with soda: Take soda for heartburn, dissolving 0.25 teaspoon in 0.5 glass of water;
7. Treatment of heartburn with peas: Eat 3-4 pieces of peas, fresh or dry soaked, but not canned or boiled;
8. Buckwheat treatment, folk remedy: If heartburn is repeated daily, then you need to eat buckwheat porridge on an empty stomach, drink plenty of water, eat less fatty foods;
9. Potato flowers: Brew dried and ground into powder potato flowers and drink like tea;
10. Treatment with centaury: Brew with 1 glass of boiling water 1 tablespoon of centaury herb. Insist overnight in a thermos, drain. Drink 1 tablespoon 3-4 times daily before meals. The infusion removes gases, harmful substances from the stomach. It has a beneficial effect on the stomach, kidneys, liver and prevents heartburn;
11. Traditional treatment with calamus: To get rid of heartburn, you need to chew a small piece of calamus rhizome and swallow it with water (you can not drink it);
12. Treatment with gentian: Brew 5 g of finely chopped gentian root with 1 cup of boiling water. Heat on low heat for 7 minutes, leave for 30 minutes and strain. Take for heartburn 1 glass 3 times a day;
13. Treatment of heartburn with angelica: Crush the dried seeds, roots and leaves of angelica. Pour 1 pinch of powder with 1 glass of boiling water, cover the glass with a lid and let it brew. Take 3 times a day.
Yarrow for heartburn
Here is a recipe for treating heartburn with yarrow (we call it whitehead). I had terrible heartburn. I could not eat anything fatty, dairy, meat, with a height of 170 cm weighed 51 kg. In winter, employees at work will bring lard, drink hot tea with sandwiches, and I — empty tea and bread. A woman worked for us as a cashier, and she invited me to try the infusion of yarrow.
Put a bunch of dry or raw herbs in an enamel saucepan. Pour 3 liters of boiling water, insist overnight, wrapping well. In the morning, strain into a 3-liter jar, add 1 tbsp. a spoonful of sugar and a piece of yeast, about the size of a hazelnut. Let stand for 24 hours, then pour into bottles and refrigerate.
Take before meals 3 times a day. Start with 1 tbsp. spoons — there may be an upset stomach, and then a glass. In total, you need to drink three 3-liter cans of infusion. It is necessary to collect flower heads with a stem up to 10 cm.