Therapeutic exercise for varicose.
Treatment of varicose veins.
When varicose therapeutic exercises promote the flow of venous blood and lymph flow, normalize the inflow of arterial blood, improves peripheral circulation in the legs, increase the tone of veins and efficiency «muscle pumps», as well as a positive impact on physical performance.
Useful exercises for the lower limbs, performed in the supine position with the horizontal and raised position of the legs, with a large range of motion in the hip and ankle joints, as well as breathing exercises with an emphasis on increasing the range of motion of the diaphragm.
In decompensated varicose disease gymnastics conducted mostly lying down, sometimes — sitting. It is recommended two sessions per day lasting 10-15 minutes.
In the presence of trophic ulcers to exclude active movement in the nearby (usually ankle) joint.
Exercises with venous insufficiency:
• Sit on a chair, legs press together. Lower the leg to the toes,
followed on the heels. Repeat 15-20 times.
• Stand up and lean against the wall with both hands (at shoulder height). Alternately, you get on your toes, then heels (15-20 times).
• In a standing position: on the breath raise your hands up and stand on your toes. On the exhale, roll your hands down and relax. Repeat 20 times.
• In the sitting position on a chair, legs pressed together, Put the foot on the heels. Make a circular motion feet up-right-down-left, and then in the other direction. Repeat 15-20 times in each direction.
• In the sitting position on a chair: to focus on the heel. maximally pull the socks themselves, return to starting position. Repeat 15-20 times.
• In the sitting position on a chair, Put your right foot on the toe, lefton the heel. At the same time change the position of the legs: the right place on heel and left foot — to toe. Repeat the alternating motion of the toe-heel 15-20 feet again.
• Hands lay under the buttocks. Do exercise «bicycle»: imitating the rotation of the pedals, do the rotation back and forth for about 1-2 minutes on each side.
• Starting position: Lying on your back, feet straight legs on a low (20-25 cm) support.
• Simultaneously, bend and unbend the fingers of feet and hands. Perform 10-12 times.
• The legs bent at the knees, arms extended along the body. Lift one leg straight up, hold it in this position and move your toes, then actively rotate the foot in one and in the other direction. Do exercise 3-4 times with each leg.
• Lift the straight leg and do the exercise «scissors» in the horizontal plane (10-15 times).
• Perform diaphragmatic breathing: inspiratory anterior abdominal wall is raised, belly retracts on exhalation. The pace is slow. Make 3-4 inhalation and exhalation.
• Lift the straight leg and do the exercise «scissors» in vertical plane (10-15 times).
• Lift the right leg straight. Follow its circular motion in a clockwise or counter-clockwise (by 10 times). Similarly, do the exercise left foot.